Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Plein Air

Hey all!
Here's a repost from my Third Wyrd blog.

So the first I did in about 1.5 hours while my good friend and very awesome model, Kate, (who you might recognize from my 'Eleanor' series) sat for me. She was a sport, and introduced me to the best ever dumpling place after that session.



This one was done a week and a half ago on a very overcast day at Bethesda Fountain in Central Park. It took about 3.5 hours total and was quite a pleasure despite the chilliness. I chose this angle to do something different, and I liked the way the trees framed the angel perfectly.



That's all for now! The next plein air pieces will most likely be done in Prospect Park, only 2 blocks from my new apartment! So any of you Brooklyn folks who want to come paint with me, please get in touch! It's always easier to take bathroom breaks when you have a buddy.

1 comment:

  1. These are great and I do love how the trees frame the angel. How on earth did you find time to do these?? The weather has been so crappy, you are a trooper.

    ReplyDelete